Preparing to meet your baby is emotional, psychological, and physical preparation that takes courage, curiosity, and patience.
Birthing From Within Birth childbirth classes are designed to meet you wherever you are and however you feel about labor, birth, and welcoming a new baby. These classes offer thoughtful, non-judgmental guidance through questions, reflection, and experiential learning in class.
Inspired and influenced by the landmark books by author and visionary, Pam England – Birthing From Within & Ancient Maps for Modern Birth as well as Ina May Gaskin’s Guide to Childbirth, Emily Oesters Expecting Better and many more, Rebecca’s classes are solution-oriented, experiential, and useful in guiding parents through what they will need to birth mindfully, no matter what happens.
- Mindful, breath-centered pain-coping practices, useful to BOTH parents during labor + birth
- The stages of labor + what it might look like emotionally, physically, + psychologically
- Exploring & supporting birth partner’s role as the guardian of the birth space including offering ways they may support birthing person and themselves through each stage of the process
- Hands-on practice for physical comfort in labor including labor + birth positions and using a Rebozo
- How to ask questions of + get information from care providers + create a supportive birth environment WITH them by creating a Birth Preference List – learning what it is + isn’t!
- Medical pain-relief, including the Epidural + how to know how to work together to determine when those options might be helpful+ compassionate choices.
- Cesarean birth options + designing a family-centered Cesarean birth preference list
- Birth, pushing + how to use your breath & body to guide your baby out
- The first 40 days of postpartum care for the entire family including designing a postpartum plan
- Weekly emails with extra resources
Class Instructor: Rebecca Peterson, Sacred Breaths Doula Services